PLEASE NOTE: The Issuu AdPages Terms of Service on this web page will be replaced with the new Terms of Service on February 15th, and your use of AdPages services after February 15th will be subject to those new Terms of Service.
Issuu may reject, refuse to publish, or remove from Issuu any Promotion (as defined below), Promoted Document (as defined below) or User Submission at any time for any reason, including but not limited to a failure to comply with the Terms.
1. “Promoted Documents” are User Submissions that you have chosen to promote via the Issuu AdPages. Users of the Service may only promote User Submissions uploaded to their account or to “Parent” or “Child” accounts related to their account.
2. A “Promotion” is a User Submission consisting of information about a Promoted Document created in part by you and in part by automated means. Each Promotion consists of a title, body text, and a thumbnail. The thumbnail is automatically created from the Promoted Document. The title and body text is entered by you. Issuu reserves the right to change how Promotions are created without notice.
When using the Issue AdPages service to promote a User Submission, you will be able to target your Promotion to a specific audience using keywords, geographic location (by country) and age. You will also be able to set a maximum auction bid price for your Promotion.
The Issuu AdPages service will automatically place your Promotion based upon the targeting parameters and maximum auction bid price specified by you. If you wish to promote a User Submission with an adult theme, you must use the targeting options to limit the availability of that Promotion to persons who are at least 18 years of age.
You represent and warrant that:
1. You will ensure that your Promotions and your Promoted Documents adhere to community standards of decency and good taste, and comply with the Final Guidelines Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising located at here
2. You will ensure that all factual statements contained in your Promotions are true, accurate and non-misleading.
3. You will disclose clearly and conspicuously that you have been paid or provided benefits with your Promotions and Promoted Documents if that is the case.
4. You will ensure that your Promotions and Promoted Documents do not include any personally identifiable information of third parties without such party’s permission.
5. You shall not input a URL as a part of the title and body text in a Promotion.
6. The title and body text in your Promotion must accurately describe or indicate the content in the Promoted Document.
7. You will ensure that your Promotions do not contain, and do not promote Promoted Documents that contain, content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to its copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or publicity rights.
8. The title and body text in your Promotion will not reference Issuu and may not utilize any logos or trademarks of Issuu.
9. The title and body text in your Promotion must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate or unsubstantiated claims.
10. Your Promotion and the Promoted Document shall comply with any and all codes, laws, and/or regulations regarding advertising and/or promotion in your locality.
11. Your Promotion and the Promoted Document shall not insult, threaten or harass any person.
12. Your Promotion and the Promoted Document shall not contain:
a. offensive, profane, obscene, vulgar or inappropriate language, including but not limited to:
i. Hate speech of any kind, including but not limited to language describing in a negative way or attacking persons (either as a group or individually) on the basis of their race, nationality, religion, gender, or sexual orientation; and
ii. Terroristic speech.
b. obscene, defamatory or libelous content;
c. unlawful content, including content that encourages unlawful activity;
d. sexually explicit or sexually suggestive content, including but not limited to:
i. pornographic material;
ii. “adult friend finders” or dating sites with a sexual emphasis;
iii. “adult” toys and/or sexually explicit videos
e. advertisements for the following:
i. Alcoholic beverages;
ii. Contests, raffles, or sweepstakes (please request permission from Issuu before promoting contents, raffles, or sweepstakes on Issuu);
iii. Firearms (including “bb” guns and paintball guns) or related products, including ammunition for such firearms;
iv. Gambling websites, including but not limited to, online casinos and sports “books”;
v. Surveillance equipment, including “spy” cameras and “bugging” devices;
vi. Tobacco products; and
vii. Weapons of any kind.
Issuu may remove or terminate a Promotion or Promoted Documents if, in Issuu’s sole discretion, Issuu determines that the business model of, any business practice of, or service promoted by the Promotion and/or the Promoted Document is inappropriate and/or contrary to the letter or spirit of the Terms. Such business practices include:
a. chain letters;
b. fraudulent or bad-faith “get-rich-quick” or “work from home” schemes;
c. fraudulent or bad-faith web-based colleges or universities;
d. fraudulent or misleading subscription services;
e. pharmaceutical products;
f. pyramid schemes; and
g. sites that install malware, spyware or other software on users’ computers without their permission.
You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with your use of the Issuu AdPages service in a timely manner with a valid payment method. You authorize Issuu or its third party payment providers to charge your credit card or other payment method (herein “Payment Method“) for all charges to your accounts with Issuu. Your Payment Method will be billed automatically during the period specified by you. If you spend less than a set per-day minimum (which may be modified from time to time by Issuu) between all of your Promoted Documents, you may not be charged right away. This is further explained here in our Help section.
You agree that your Issuu AdPages Promotion(s) will continue in effect for the term specified by you unless and until You cancel it or Issuu terminates it. Unless so expired, cancelled or terminated, Issuu shall automatically bill you via your Payment Method as described above. For more information, please visit our Help section here.
You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide to Issuu may be shared by Issuu with companies who work on Issuu’s behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purpose of checking credit, effecting payment to Issuu and servicing your account. The terms of your payment will be based on your chosen Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution providing such Payment Method. You agree to pay Issuu all charges incurred under your account for any Issuu AdPages Promotions in which you or anyone else who uses your account enroll in accordance with this Agreement. If your Payment Method fails or your account is past due, (a) you agree to pay all amounts due on your account upon demand, (b) Issuu may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms (this includes charging other payment methods on file with us) and (c) Issuu reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your Issuu AdPages Promotions or your account with Issuu.
Any fees charged to your account are non-refundable. You agree to submit any disputes regarding any charge to your account in writing to Issuu within thirty (30) days of such charge, otherwise such dispute will be waived and such charge will be final and not subject to challenge. Refunds (if any) made pursuant to such dispute, are at the discretion of Issuu.
You are responsible for paying any governmental taxes imposed on your use of the Issuu AdPages, including, but not limited to, sales, use, or value added taxes. If requested, you will promptly furnish to Issuu the applicable receipts and/or certificates regarding such remittances as soon as reasonably practicable. To the extent that Issuu is obligated to collect such taxes, the applicable tax will be added to your billing account.
Questions about copyright?
Please read our Copyright FAQ.